Banque Cantonale de Genève
Quai de l'Ile 17 - CP 2251
1211 Genève 2
The Cantonal Bank of Geneva specialises in retail banking in the areas of personal loans (BCGE loan), mortgages, leasing, investments and retail banking. The bank offers its personal loans to clients who reside or work in the canton of Geneva.
The Cantonal Bank of Geneva was created in 1994 from the merger of the Caisse d'épargne de la République et canton de Genève and the Banque hypothécaire du canton de Genève. The BCGE's traditional area of activity is the canton of Geneva. Since 1997, BCGE has been active in private banking throughout Switzerland through its subsidiary Anker Bank (which became the BCGE Private Banking Switzerland business unit in 2008). BCGE Private Banking Switzerland has had a subsidiary in France since 1993, which is active in asset management and SME financing.
BCGE is the cantonal bank of Geneva and offers a wide range of financial services to business and private customers through 28 branch banks. Its head office is located in Geneva.
The BCGE's Loans
In addition to normal consumer loans, BCGE Bank offers the following financial products for private individuals:
Credit from BCGE
BCGE's personal loan has many uses, as it is a cash loan at your free disposal. Personal needs and flexibility can be freely incorporated into the BCGE loan. The loan application is quick and discreet. The terms of a personal loan range from 6 months to 60 months. The borrower can determine the term of the loan; individually varying credit terms are generally possible in a consultation. The loan amount (Swiss francs) varies between a minimum of CHF 2,500 and CHF 70,000. The borrower determines the amount of the desired loan sum when making the loan application.
The loan interest rates are from 6.2% for vehicle loans and 7.4% for personal loans. The interest rates depend on personal characteristics and creditworthiness. The exact loan interest rate is ultimately determined by a request for a quote from BCGE Bank. After the credit request, BCGE Bank offers a fixed annual interest rate, which the borrower can accept or reject. A credit offer can be requested via a credit application with personal data and personal circumstances.
Advantages and disadvantages of the BGCE personal loan
The advantages at a glance:
- If the loan is repaid in full, BCGE Bank grants a 1% bonus (excluding interest) at the end of the loan period.
- You will receive a credit decision from BCGE Kantonalbank within 24 hours (after receipt of the necessary documents)
- Homeowners benefit from a preferential rate of 5.2%
- Interest on loans is fully tax deductible
- Possible waiver of the remaining amount in the event of death (Further information at the consultation)
- Transparent lending conditions
- Flexible individual credit terms
- Early repayments possible
- Prompt processing
The disadvantages at a glance:
- The BCGE personal loan can only be granted by opening a BCGE personal account with a standing order to repay the loan instalments.
- Only for clients who live or work in Geneva
Our initial loan application (see "loan application") is simple, clear and takes less than a minute to fill out and send. The BCGE Cantonal Bank's credit assessment and decision are quick and discreet. Once the contract has been concluded, the loan amount is transferred to the existing or recently opened BCGE Private account, after the statutory cancellation period of 14 days.
* The Cantonal Bank of Geneva's personal loans are currently not offered by any of our partners.